《木偶奇遇記》慢速練耳|英文字幕|簡介中有中英對照
5minMAR 19
播放聲音
喜歡
評論
分享

詳細信息

CHAPTER 2
第二章


MASTER CHERRY GIVES THE WOOD AWAY
櫻桃師傅把木頭送人了


At that moment some one knocked at the door.
就在這時,有人敲門。


"Come in," said the carpenter, without having the strength to rise to his feet.
“進來吧。” 木匠說道,他連站起來的力氣都没有。


A lively little old man immediately walked into the shop.
一位活潑的小老頭立刻走進了店鋪。


His name was Geppetto, but when the boys of the neighborhood wished to make him angry they called him Pudding, because his yellow wig greatly resembled a pudding made of Indian corn.
他名叫傑佩托,但是鄰居家的孩子們想惹他生氣的時候,就叫他布丁,因為他的黃色假發很像用玉米做的布丁。


Geppetto was very fiery. Woe to him who called him Pudding! He became furious and there was no holding him.
傑佩托的脾氣很暴躁。誰要是叫他布丁可就倒黴了!他會大發雷霆,根本控制不住自己。


"Good–day, Master Antonio," said Geppetto; "what are you doing there on the floor?"
“你好啊,安東尼奧師傅,” 傑佩托說,“你在地板上干什麼呢?”


"I am teaching the alphabet to the ants."
“我在教螞蟻認字母呢。”


"Much good may that do you."
“那對你可太有好處了。”


"What has brought you to me, neighbor Geppetto?"
“傑佩托鄰居,你找我有什麼事嗎?”


"My legs. But to tell the truth. Master Antonio, I came to ask a favor of you."
“我的腿啊。不過說實話,安東尼奧師傅,我是來求你幫個忙的。”


"Here I am, ready to serve you," replied the carpenter, getting on his knees.
“我在這兒呢,隨時為你效勞。” 木匠說著,跪了下來。


"This morning an idea came into my head."
“今天早上我想到了一個主意。”


"Let us hear it."
“說來聽聽。”


"I thought I would make a beautiful wooden puppet; one that could dance, fence, and leap like an acrobat. With this puppet I would travel about the world to earn a piece of bread and a glass of wine. What do you think of it?"
“我想做一個漂亮的木偶,一個會跳舞、會擊劍、能像雜技演員一樣跳躍的木偶。有了這個木偶,我就可以週遊世界,掙一塊面包和一杯酒。你覺得怎麼樣?”


"Bravo, Pudding!" exclaimed the same little voice, and it was impossible to say where it came from.
“太棒了,布丁!” 還是那個細小的聲音叫道,而且根本說不出它是從哪兒傳來的。


Hearing himself called Pudding, Geppetto became as red as a turkey–cock from rage and, turning to the carpenter, he said in a fury:
聽到自己被叫做布丁,傑佩托氣得臉漲得像火雞一樣紅,他轉過身,怒氣衝衝地對木匠說:


"Why do you insult me?"
“你為什麼要侮辱我?”


"Who insults you?"
“誰侮辱你了?”


"You called me Pudding!"
“你叫我布丁!”


"It was not I!"
“不是我!”


"Do you think I called myself Pudding? It was you, I say!"
“你以為我會叫自己布丁嗎?我說了,就是你!”


"No!"
“不是!”


"Yes!"
“就是!”


"No!"
“不是!”


"Yes!"
“就是!”


And, becoming more and more angry, from words they came to blows, and, flying at each other, they bit and fought, and scratched.
他們越來越生氣,從爭吵發展到動手,相互撲向對方,又咬又打,還抓來抓去。


When the fight was over Master Antonio was in possession of Geppetto's yellow wig, and Geppetto discovered that the grey wig belonging to the carpenter remained between his teeth.
打完架后,安東尼奧師傅搶到了傑佩托的黃色假發,而傑佩托發現木匠的灰色假發留在了自己嘴里。


"Give me back my wig," screamed Master Antonio.
“把我的假發還給我。” 安東尼奧師傅尖叫道。


"And you, return me mine, and let us be friends again."
“你也把我的還給我,然后我們再做回朋友。”


The two old men having each recovered his own wig, shook hands and swore that they would remain friends to the end of their lives.
兩個老人各自拿回了自己的假發,握了握手,發誓要做一輩子的好朋友。


"Well, then, neighbor Geppetto," said the carpenter, to prove that peace was made, "what is the favor that you wish of me?"
“那麼,傑佩托鄰居,” 木匠為了表示已經和好了,說道,“你想讓我幫你什麼忙呢?”


"I want a little wood to make my puppet; will you give me some?"
“我想要一小塊木頭做我的木偶,你能給我一些嗎?”


Master Antonio was delighted, and he immediately went to the bench and fetched the piece of wood that had caused him so much fear.
安東尼奧師傅很高興,他立刻走到工作臺前,取來了那塊讓他擔驚受怕的木頭。


But just as he was going to give it to his friend the piece of wood gave a shake and, wriggling violently out of his hands, struck with all of its force against the dried–up shins of poor Geppetto.
但就在他要把木頭遞給朋友的時候,那塊木頭抖了一下,猛地從他手里掙脫出來,狠狠地撞在了可憐的傑佩托那干瘦的小腿上。


"Ah! is that the courteous way in which you make your presents, Master Antonio? You have almost lamed me!"
“啊!安東尼奧師傅,你就是這樣禮貌地送禮物的嗎?你差點把我弄瘸了!”


"I swear to you that it was not I!"
“我向你發誓,不是我干的!”


"Then you would have it that it was I?"
“那你是想說,是我干的?”


"The wood is entirely to blame!"
“全是木頭的錯!”


"I know that it was the wood; but it was you that hit my legs with it!"
“我知道是木頭的問題,但就是你用它打了我的腿!”


"I did not hit you with it!"
“我没有用它打你!”


"Liar!"
“騙子!”


"Geppetto, don't insult me or I will call you Pudding!"
“傑佩托,别侮辱我,不然我就叫你布丁!”


"Knave!"
“無賴!”


"Pudding!"
“布丁!”


"Donkey!"
“蠢驢!”


"Pudding!"
“布丁!”


"Baboon!"
“狒狒!”


"Pudding!"
“布丁!”


On hearing himself called Pudding for the third time Geppetto, mad with rage, fell upon the carpenter and they fought desperately.
聽到自己第三次被叫做布丁,傑佩托氣得發狂,撲向了木匠,他們拚命地打了起來。


When the battle was over, Master Antonio had two more scratches on his nose, and his adversary had lost two buttons off his waistcoat.
打完架后,安東尼奧師傅的鼻子上又多了兩道抓痕,而他的對手傑佩托的背心掉了兩顆扣子。


Their accounts being thus squared, they shook hands and swore to remain good friends for the rest of their lives.
他們的賬就這樣兩清了,他們握了握手,發誓要在余生都做彼此的好朋友。


Geppetto carried off his fine piece of wood and, thanking Master Antonio, returned limping to his house.
傑佩托拿走了他那塊不錯的木頭,謝過了安東尼奧師傅,一瘸一拐地回了家。


查看更多